Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Finishing this blog...2 1/2 years later



I have no idea why I never got around to finishing this blog... 

My life got pretty hectic right after the trip ended (not long after the last entry), and I suppose I just never got around to it.

Over the past 2 1/2 years, I have logged every once and awhile to reminisce about the trip. I'm amazed to see that this blog continues to get regular views. Over 4,500 in in total with people from Russia, Germany, the UK, Australia, France, the US and of course Canada. Just two days ago it got 30 pageviews! I wonder who they were...

Whenever I think about that, I say to myself: 

"I REALLY need to finish it off. All those people probably think
we sank of Haida Gwaii and were never heard from again
"

So I'm gonna do it. 

A lot has happened since the summer of 2010. Alan has moved to Terrace Hazelton. Nick and I are still in Vancouver but don't see nearly enough of each other, both busy with careers and such. None of us see Captain Speck nearly as much as we'd like. And the Talofa Lee has recently found new owners and is continuing her journey around the BC coast.

So I think in homage to all that's happened since 2010, I'm going to finish this story off...

...as best as I can remember it.


1 comment:

  1. I live in Hazelton not Terrace! But good on ya for trying to finish the blog.

    ReplyDelete