Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bit more of Rupert, visit to Terrace

Nick and I continued to entertain ourselves in Rupert, waiting for Alan to show up on the 27th.  I decided to tackle the task of patching a few chips in the concrete hull.


Precision work from a dinghy that is rocking up and down proved to be somewhat difficult.  Pretty fun project though.

Photo by Nick

On Sunday, we tagged along with the Donohoe family on a trip to Terrace, BC to visit some of their friends.  I was particularly excited about the trip as I'll be moving to Terrace for an internship, starting in August.  Having never been there before, I kind of wanted to see what I was getting myself in to.

The drive from Rupert to Terrace is pretty amazing.  The highway follows the Skeena River through a very scenic river valley.  Lots of large mountains, waterfalls, etc.  Awesome stuff, but sadly the tinted windows of the Eurovan we were in didn't cater too well for photographs.  You'll just have to go check it out yourself.

After a brief driving tour of Terrace, we headed out to a cottage in Rosswood on Kitsumkalum Lake, just north of Terrace.  Alan's parents (and little Alan himself) lived in the cottage a bunch of years back and have remained friend with the current owners.  Beautiful property located right on the lake.


They were having a birthday party, so lots of "Terraceites" were in attendance.  I met a bunch of very friendly people, which helped to ease my nerves about moving a bit.  Hopefully everything goes well.

Kitsumkalem Lake

No idea why climbing on driftwood is so fun...

Lastly, I've got a few pictures of some awesome boats I've seen coming/going in the harbor.  Yes, this post is another one of those jumbled, random ones.  I promise it's the last one for a bit.

I have a bit of an obsession with 2-masted sailboats...



No comments:

Post a Comment