Thursday, June 3, 2010

Departing Port McNeill for places north!

The Captain arrived from Vancouver this afternoon around 1pm.

Nick and I have spent the past few days preparing for our departure, resupplying and such.  After a few last minute errands, we’ll be departing for places north later this afternoon.  Our initial plan is to cross Queen Charlotte Strait and anchor somewhere along the mainland this evening.  Winds are shifting to NW tomorrow, so we’re going to try and get as far our of the Strait tonight as we can before the shift.

Not sure when we’ll have internet connection, so again this blog may fall silent for awhile.  However, I’m planning to keep writing so next time we’re “in civilization” I’ll update it.  So keep checking back!

Anyways, goodbye Port McNeill.  It’s been real.

(click for full panorama)

I'll keep doing what I do, if you guys keep reading.

3 comments:

  1. Keep doing it and I'll keep reading.

    I would also like it if Nick could give me some address I could send mail to that he would get it at. or if you guys know when you will be somewhere with a post office, i can expedite something. probably in the next few weeks i'm hoping to mail something. nick, contact me when you get net!!

    S McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are some of my favourite photos so far.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey still jealously following the blog. Turns out my little bro found it on the wonderful world of facebook so my family is following it as well. Johnny had a good laugh at the head smacking post, I'd be dominating in that department by the way. Oh the family says look em up if you make rupert.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete